If you would enjoy a job in the healthcare industry, LPN Programs in Munford TN are available to get you going right now.
After as little as 9 to 24 months, you may be able to complete either a web-based or campus class, and move on to take the NCLEX license test for your chance to be recognized as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
The Complete Guidebook for Students in LPN Programs
Becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse has a handful of requirements. One has to have finished high school or have a GED, be the minimum legal age to be employed in Tennessee, pass a criminal background screening, and last of all you must test negative for illegal drugs to be eligible for registration.
Suggested LPN Programs in Tennessee
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing Leadership - Master's
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Practical Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assistant
- And more...
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati (UC) has been categorized at the highest level of higher education: the Carnegie Commission (which evaluates the achievements of faculty, current research, leading edge curriculum, and accreditation) has recognized UC as a Doctoral/Research University — Extensive. Each year, this urban, public, nonprofit university graduates 5,000 students, adding to more than 200,000 living alumni around the world. The online programs connect students to a dynamic community of devoted educators, accessible research, and a dedicated support team.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Womens Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult-Gero Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a four-year, private university located in west St. Louis County. Maryville University students may choose from 75+ academic programs, including degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing to Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN to DNP)-Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
Miller- Motte Technical College (MMTC) can help get you from here to a new career!
Miller- Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- And more...
What You’ll Be Taught in Licensed Practical Nurse Schools
We cannot decide which of the LPN programs meets your needs, though we are able to present you with the following pointers to make your decision a little less difficult. Picking Online LPN programs may possibly seem relatively easy, yet you need to make sure that you are picking the best type of training. First and foremost, find out if the training program is recognized or accredited by the Tennessee State Board or some major governing group like the American Nurses Association. Generally, if the training program is endorsed by these organizations, you might additionally want to pay attention to various other things including:
- Has there already been any type of issues in regards to the school?
- Search the web for reviews on the training program
- Read through the training course’s boards to find out whether something seems to be off
Practical Nursing Licensure and the Effect it Has on Your Employment
Undoubtedly, nursing license is required for aspiring LPN, and that comes straight from the National Council of State Boards of Nursing. Furthermore, it is very important to know that the Nurse Aide Registry has control of the federal nursing registry. Becoming credentialed and listed is the way you can be hired to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
At This Time, There is a Really Good Career Outlook for LPNs in Tennessee
Per the most recent information from O*Net Online, all those seeking work as a LPN in Tennessee should be in a good situation. Due to the state’s elderly population and growing health care industry, the need for additional personnel significantly out-distances that of other healthcare professionals. With so many advantageous variables in your favor, your opportunity will never be better to be a certified nurse.
Choose Your Program and Discover Success!
Now that you have received all the strategies and info necessary to be a licensed practical nurse, now it’s your responsibility to sign-up for LPN programs now!